Al and Marsha's Journal
 

Home

 

May 10, 2007 click here for new pictures
June 28, 2007
July 8, 2007
July 26, 2007
January 4, 2008
January 23, 2008
February 21, 2008
May 1, 2008

February 20, 2007 - still taking Annabelle apart

For the last several weeks I have gotten deeper and deeper into de-building Annabelle. I have completely stripped the engine compartment and almost all of the interior... Today I took out the last of the door/window trim and the headliner. On the weekend I removed the seal around the roof vinyl which had shown the ravages of time. It is going to be much easier than I had thought to replace the seal... the roof vinyl is another matter. One of my friends who helps me when I need another pair of hands insists that I replace the roof vinyl but I am resisting.  Anyway, here are some more pictures as of today>>

   

       

May 10, 2007- finally totally stripped and on her way to the first of two trips to the paint shop

June 28th.... at the paint shop

All ready to paint - undercarriage black, everything else same blue -
only the undercarriage, wheel wells and interior this time  - June 28th

July 8, 2007

Part way through the first phase of painting - most of interior (blue), engine compartment (blue) and undercarriage (black)
This painting was done a few days  ago, so it is all covered in dust already

July 26, 2007

Home from the paint shop - Phase 1

This step in the paint process was to completely clean all 57 years of grime and stuff off of everything... very messy
job. After that was done, then the car was prepped for painting as follows:

Interior - blue
Frame and undercarriage - black
Engine compartment - blue

She came home today in style on the back of a flatbed truck and is now ready for me to re-install everything.

January 4, 2008

There has been quite a gap since my last posting, but things have not stood still with Annabelle. The engine
transmission, and other stuff up front have all been re-installed and hooked up. We discovered, while trying
to start the engine that the battery was hooped, so I got another one. We also have to check the distributor
alignment before trying again.

All of the interior floors have been painted (the metal ones) and totally remade new (the wooden ones) and
have been installed. We are now at the point of taking Annabelle in for exterior painting, after which we can
install of the interior panels, headliner, door equipment, including all new glass, etc.

In addition the all new wiring harness has been fully installed and tested.  Here are some photos as she looks now.

 

January 23, 2008

Time for the exterior to be painted - At the paint shop all sanded, faired, primed, masked and ready to paint



February 21, 2008

All painted and shiny and on the way home to finish!!!!

May 1,2008

Since Annabelle came home from the paint shop my friend and I have been putting her back together. We
got the fenders back on, with the new beading. It was a much more tricky task than I expected, but it worked.

 

More to come......

Go to Page 3

Return to top....

 

If these pages look weird and do not line up properly it is likely that your monitor is set to a non-compatible resolution.. To change resolution right click on a blank space on your desktop. Select Screen Resolution, click on the down arrow next to "resolution". In the drop down box select another resolution (it must be the right proportion and may need a couple of tries to find one that works)  then press ok.

Copyright Allan and Marsha Simmons, 2003 - 2013 All rights reserved

No copies of any photographs on this website may be made without the express prior written consent of Allan Simmons